Allergies causing chronic pneumonia?
My daughter age 6 has been having lung infections since age 3.  Most of them develop from a common cold.  Some developed overnight (with no cold symptoms).  We have a nebulizer machine at home that we use whenever she has a lung infection.  She has not been diagnosed with Asthma, we are not really sure why the smallest cold turns into such a severe infection.  She is on a multi vitamin and other supplements to boost her immune system.  My daughter is now with pneumonia.  The doctor added Flovent with the Singulair as a preventative.  Our next step is to have her tested for allergies.  Should she see a specialist? What is the best and less invasive way to test her for allergies?  We would appreciate any advice.  Thank you
It is a good idea to see a specialist that specializes in respiratory diseases of children.  This can be a Pediatric Pulmonologist or a Pediatric Allergist.  It is possible that this is asthma, as the medications she is taking are prescribed for asthma.  It is also possible there is some other cause.  A specialist can help provide answers and start your daughter on a program to prevent these illnesses.