Any natural or alternative asthma treatments?
I can no longer tolerate inhalers or anything in that arena.  They are so bad for you anyway, that I just assume try something more natural. Is anyone here taking anything natural or alternative?
Vitamin d, c, magnesium, coq10, b complex, probiotic, multi vit, respiractin (fantastic! Works better than ventolin for me) right now for me, lol

NAC works well when I get a flare to bring down the mucus and inflammation.  

Craniosacral therapy and acupuncture work well on me personally as well for inflammation and asthma symptoms.  

There are many many more options and all depends on the person.  Best is to eat healthy, clean food; lots of water, sleep and everything that is good for an all round healthy body.

Other than that I would recommend seeing a professional to help you determine what supplements to use and what brands or forms would be the best for you personally.  A holistic nutritionist or naturopath would be my preference as nutritionist will be trained differently than a dietician, much more in tune with using food and possibly herbs depending on the expertise as healing.  A naturopath will know other techniques, little bit of homeopathy and will be able to find other weak areas in your body that when balanced will help to improve the asthma symptoms.

Hope that helps!  I also have found much better response with herbs, natural remedies than prescription meds.  Started from almost needing daily prednisone to figuring out food allergies with a naturopath and now my ventolin is going to expire before I finish it and only need my alvesco preventative inhaler when pollen is very bad or I have a cold. :)
DSMO cream on the chest is also helpful, however NEVER use undiluted DSMO and read the on-line literature concerning use of this anti-inflammatory carefully.
I am happy to see all of these other remedies as well! I have also heard of a certain tea that is supposed to be great for respiratory issues.
Boy am I going to create controversy with this one, however at the turn of the century marijuana cigarettes were sold as an asthma treatment. I have a friend who swears by this treatment, but I have no basis to support it.
Find out what your triggers are and avoid them.

Clean and wash your regularly.  Use a vacuum cleaner that has a good dust filter.  If you have any soft toys around, get rid of them, or wash them regularly.  If some soft toys cannot be washed, place them into a freezer bag and put them into the freezer for a few days.

Keep away from smoky environments.
Your asthma may be triggered off by pollen and an antihistamine medication may help with that.

Air your rooms and make sure that there are no mouldy windows and walls.  The spores in the mould can make aggravate the asthma condition as well as being no good for your health.

Do steam inhalations to help reduce any mucus.  Having a hot drink with lemon and honey is soothing if there is a persistent cough with a mild asthma attack.

When going out into the cold, always wear a scarf around your mouth so that you do not breathe in the cold air.

Do breathing exercises to expand your lungs.

If the medications that you have been using are not suitable for you, your doctor may be able to prescribe an alternative.  You may be fine with the instant relief inhaler rather than the steroid long term use one.

Make sure that you have a healthy and well balanced diet.  Getting a cold or flu and aggravate your asthma.  If you are prone to getting asthma attacks from feeling stressed and anxious - learn relaxation and breathing techniques to help.

Get to know what triggers off your asthma attacks to help reduce the frequency and lessen the severity of asthma attacks.
I can only speak for myself, but I cured my asthma infection with a wormwood  parasite cleanse. Please lookup Mycoplasma infections on the CDC  website.
PS lookup Mycoplasma asthma or mycoplasma pneumonia on the cdc,  that will get you there quicker.