Asthma & Glandular fever

Three weeks ago I was diagnosed with a chest infection and that my asthma was acting up. I got antibiotics for it three times and all these times it was cut short because it wasn't doing enough. The last course was cut short because a blood test showed I have glandular fever. My asthma has been very calm for years, last major attack was about 4 years ago due to hamster babies. I feel kinda odd about the whole situation, because as soon as the phrase glandular fever fell, that was it. I was told to rest, and wait it out. No one mentioned the chest infection or the asthma. I'm just wondering about my lungs really, I can't even do housework properly without getting breathing difficulties and the steriods course of 7 days didn't seem to clear it all up. I can litterally feel my lungs all day, and like I said I can't do any physical things because it causes breathing difficulties. I am a tad bit worried about my lungs acting up all of a sudden. There is a history of copd and cancer in my family. What should I do?

Thank you!

I am 30 years old, btw
HI,

I'd go back to your Dr and insist on being able to see a Pulmonologist at this time if you aren't already.  Pls. let us know how you are doing.

C~
You should go back to the doctor and insist on a chest Xray and a D-dimer blood test to check for pulmonary embolism.  A chest xray will show pneumonia or copd and granulomas if any exist.  Next time finish your antibiotics whether they are working or not,  Most antibiotics kick in after you stop taking the entire dose.  Hope you feel  better soon and find out what is wrong.
Thanks to the both of you for your responses. I am doing better at the moment, still tired thanks to the glandular fever, but better. My asthma has calmed down a lot, it just bothers me when I do a lot of psyhical things, which kinda ***** because it was always so calm before. I am going to sit it out for a while, since it seems to be improving. Thanks again for your responses :)