Asthma Community
Asthma attack/bad reaction to MMR vaccine ..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Asthma attack/bad reaction to MMR vaccine ..

I got my MMR vaccine tuesday october 13th at apprx. 11h30.  A few minutes later I had trouble breathing, but I didn't think anything of it since I have bad asthma and I often have trouble inhaling.  But after supper (around 530) I had bad nausea, I just thought it was something in the food or something.  So I went to bed.  Next morning, I wasn't better, same thing ... Then thursday, I had severe nausea, severe shortness of breath.  I had to get out of class a couple of times to take my inhaler as it was getting very hard to take in a breath.  Then came the next morning .... I woke up at like 5 cuz I was having trouble breathing, I stood up and had to sit down right after due to SEVERE dizziness.  It went on until sunday.  I don't know wether it was an allergic reaction or just a bad reaction to the vaccine.  I am 17 years old, female.

Is it possible my asthma caused a reaction like that ? (ps. I had to double my puffers, and take my ventolin a lot more than I usually did)
I'm suppose to get the H1N1 vaccine november 3rd, so I was wondering if I should expect another reaction or?

Thank you.