Asthma Community
Asthma attack while running?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Asthma attack while running?

I am an extremely active person and have never had this problem before. I  am currently a member in school track and am running everyday afterschool so I'm not out of shape. Today I went on a long run with my brother. My legs were feeling good and so was my system but close to the end of our run I began hyperventalating and my throat swelled up and I could not breath. I walked till it stopped but when we tried to run it started up again. I have never had this happen before but lately my breathing has not felt as good as it was last year when I was running. I am also recovering from bulimia but have not done any bingeing and purging for 5 weeks but I am still a little bit underweight.

Does anyone know if this could be related to allergies, asthma, or lung disease? Any information helps, thanks :)

Other symptoms:
- Purple fingernails
- Always cold
- Anxiety
- Trouble with breathing deeply
- Headache (after the wierd asthma like attack)