Asthma Community
Asthma getting worse?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Asthma getting worse?

I was Diagnosed with Asthma wn I was about 8 months old and I am now 13 years old, but dring those years it seemed to have become "less effective". But recently I have noticing some asthma symptoms again, such as: Tight Chest, short of breath, wheezing etc and started to wonder, do you think my asthma may be getting worse? Also sometimes out of the blue I feel I can ONLY breathe enough air from my mouth, and not my nose. Is it possible for my asthma to have "gone away" and then come back? Should I go see a doctor so they can tell me whether or not I may be getting Asthma again?

Also, I was thinking. During the time I may not be with someone "asthma friendly" should I wear a medical ID tag, incase I have an asthma attack and cannot breathe they would have some idea on what is happening?
Tags: Asthma
I think you should talk about it to your doctor about it, asthma is not something you should ignore.

I was wondering the same thing about the medical ID.  I think it would be a good idea.  I was diagnosed a few months ago, and when I have an asthma attack, I cannot talk from the beginning due to severe shortness of breath,  so I wouldn't be able to tell people.  

Btw, I'm 16 years old.
Apparently in my state (NT, Aus) I don't need a med ID for asthma, but I was with my friend at the time, so I don't think the pharmacist took me seriously enough...
Well it all depends how severe your asthma is.  How many times per week do you get asthma symptoms? (day and night)

I get symptoms pretty much everyday, which is only relieved by my emergency inhaler.  I get night time symptoms every couple days, which again, is pretty much only relieved by my emergency inhaler.

I know a few people who wear a med ID for asthma.  I personnally think it would be a good idea.
Yes you might be getting asthma again, or you could have allergy symptoms since it is your nose that is "closing up".  

Defintely worth looking into though.  Let us know what happens.
Well, I do get a few symptoms daily, which (during mainly school hours) increases because of the spray deodorant popularity at my school. Even though my peers shouldn't have them as it is a rule (No spray deodorants for safety issues -hint hint-).
Yeah, we have that too (absolutely no perfumes aloud, since one of the teacher is deathly allergic), thank god, since I'm allergic too and it makes my asthma wayyy worse.  But some kids at school still wear some.
Do you take any asthma meds to keep it under control?  If not, I would suggest you make an appt. to get some.
My daughter actually did ask the girl in her homeroom to pls spray her perfume after homeroom bcz ev. morning in homeroom it would trigger a migraine headache and luckily the girl was compassionate and complied.  Of all things .. it was something strong and a older brand.