Asthma help/advice
Hello everyone, I have a question about asthma.

I used to be very active, played lots of sports and used to run on a regular basis, but after high school I got incredibly lazy. I haven't run or done any cardio in years. I have started to pack on a few pounds now and want to get back into shape.  I take advair and singular daily, and before I work out I take my rescue inhaler, but anytime I do anything that gets my heart pumping my lungs seem to just close up. It gets incredibly hard and painful to breath, and I get slightly light headed. I usually don't have problems on a normal basis, but even if I hustle up a couple flights of stairs i can feel it starting to come on.  If I do cardio exercises slowly and really concentrate on take deep breaths and exhaling pretty fast It doesn't come on very strong, but if I even stop to take a drink of water or to talk to someone, it starts up.

Any advice how to prevent this or what I should do.
Back when I was in high school my asthma was very very well controlled also. My senior year of high school i quit playing sports and I also quit taking my medication. I went probably 2 years without having to take my medication before my symptoms returned and I had to get back on. I have since been back on medication for about 3 years.
This symptoms are not good for health. you should need a speslist doctor he can cure your problem.Joint Pain

I would go to your Dr for a new assessment.  I know things like swimming actually improve lung function for asthmatics, so maybe running and the other things you did have similar effect and now that they are gone your asthma is behaving differently.  I'm a patient like you so not really sure.

Keep us posted and feel better.

C~