Asthma Community
Asthma much worse in last month
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Asthma much worse in last month

A little over a month ago, my asthma was the best it's ever been (not that it's ever been bad! I'm 18 and never had an asthma attack, or any other issues, the only thing that's ever bothered me was excersizing in cold dry weather)
I was able to run for ages, do other cardio type excersizes and various circuit excersizes with my rowing team. I was very well controlled using Symbicort 200 twice a day (1 or 2 puffs).
Suddenly, one week it just seemed to have stopped working. I went to my GP who thought I might have a sensitivity to the powder used in the inhaler (inhaled lactose) so she switched me over to advair (1 puff, twice daily) and a seperate fast-acting medication, she told me to try this for a month then come back. I tried it for about 2 weeks and I could barely breathe and was maxing out on my "rescue" inhaler. I decided to switch back onto symbicort (I had a few lying around) and in a week I definitely improved from what I was like on the advair but it's just as bad as when I first went to my doctor (when on the symbicort a month ago).
I'm unable to do what I want to do, and with spring coming I want to be able to compete with my team and enjoy outdoor activities (I have 2 big hikes planned for the upcoming months!)

So, what I'm asking is, has anybody heard of this problem with symbicort before, or with any asthmatics. I know I cycled throug many different brands when I was younger because they simplied stopped working for me, but what other options are left?