Asthma Community
Asthma or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Asthma or something else?

I've had asthma since I was a child and have been keeping above water with it, which is a chore without insurance. I have a nebulizer that I take and an inhaler on the way. Tonight I cooked bacon and the room I was in was very hot. I started wheezing and started to take a treatment but it didn't feel like it was working, getting into my lungs. I started coughing and couldn't breathe. I went out on the porch to try to breathe fresh air but it felt like something was caught in my throat, my face flushed and I couldn't inhale. I felt dizzy and sat, my friend gave me a water and the first sips were hard to get down because my throat felt it was closed. I'm still wheezing on exhale, coughing and have a little chest tightness and my throat still doesn't feel normal. My peak flow was high, in the 400's. What caused this?
Have you been tested for vocal cord dysfunction? Sometimes this is the problem. Many of the symptoms are the same as asthma and it is possible to have both conditions which makes it more confusing.