Yesterday and the day before i used pure bleach in a spritze bottle then decided to add water to it to clean bathroom. I developed a headache and then took some ibproffen. Went away. Then today i used pure bleach in a bottle to bleach the front of my jeans. To add the faded look of course. I walked out of the room and my eyes began to water, and nose kinda burned. Couple hrs after i got my headache back and with it scratchy throat (not bad) just feels like a dry throat would feel, and my nose is burning still. I went for a drive with windows down so i got plenty of fresh air. Not having a HARD time breathing. Just nose, throat and headache....am i in trouble?? With what i'm explaining does it seem to be hazardous? Should i go to ER and if not what other symptoms would i look for to require imidiate medical attention??
Iam throwing out everything w/bleach for sure!! I'll stick to using disinfectant sprays for now on. Iam just a germ freak.
Please no insults or name calling. I know what i did was'nt the brightest but just need some advice and want to know if anyone else has had this problem or worse???
Thank you for your reply!! I got so worried that i called the poison control center and they told me that if i inhaled too much my chest, nose and eyes would all be burning. Also i would've developed a cough. 4 hrs later (this is when i had called the p.c.), they said that my symptoms would've disappeared by then. So she said the reason I was still having some nasal/throat and headache was because maybe my body was beginning to maybe develope a cold and the bleach triggered it off. I'm feeling much better now and swear to myself to never touch the bleach again!!! lol
Unless the symptoms worsen, the tissue damage will heal by itself, and you will probably end up none-the-worse for wear. The biggest problem is infection setting in secondary to the tissue burn. There is no specific medical treatment for your problem except airway management. If you are breathing without difficulty, the ER will not have any magic bullet, other than a $1,200 bill. If you have no evidence of infection or continued difficulty in breathing it is not necessary to go to the ER. Things will heal up fine. Bleach should be diluted to a five percent solution for cleaning. This is the military standard for disinfection purposes.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.