Asthma Expert Forum
Breathing difficulty
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breathing difficulty

12 years ago I was having difficulty breathing and asthma was ruled out. Eventually it just stopped. Now I'm having similar symptoms. I feel like I can't get a deep breath, but if I try ago 5 seconds later I can get a deep breath.  I've read that reflux can mimick asthma. Also that postnasal drip can cause these symptoms. Have you ever heard of this? I also discovered a condition called Vocal cord dysfunction.  Any thoughts?
Related Discussions
242588_tn?1224275300
Vocal cord dysfunction is a real possibility, especially if you have difficulty with inhaling.  Reflux is indeed associated with both cough and asthma.  Another cause could be anxiety, perhaps with a panic disorder.  You and your doctor should consider investigation all of the preceding.
3 Comments
Blank
It sounds like a panic attack!
Blank
323484_tn?1194221611
I've been smoking for 4 years but it feels like ive been smoking for 20. Im only 18 and i have breathing problems, i think i might have empeseyma or something but im not sure, when i go to sleep it takes a long time to fall asleep because of my breathing. I need advice.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank