Asthma Community
Can Singulair last for 4 months?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Can Singulair last for 4 months?

I have suffered all my life with asthma and finally last year my doctor gave me Singulair.  And Wow!  For the first time in my life I was fully in control of my asthma.  I even went back to my dance classes.  Then it all changed.  I got arthritis in both my knees.  Initially I thought it was the dance classes and at my age what do I expect.  Then I read this http://www.medications.com/effect/view/23382 and started looking again for an answer.  A friend sent me this http://www.newagetherapies.com/buteyko-asthma-cure.php so I tried it.  Now it may well have been the Singulair that did it or it may be the exercises in this book but my breathing is much easier than it has ever been before the Singulair.  Now I am off the Singulair because of my knees and not taking more than the occasional puff of my inhaler.

What I want to know is could the Singulair have worked forever from that one packet I took (I took it every night for about 3 weeks)?   How long do the effects last?