Can't take a deep breath
I was reading where others was having problems taking a deep breath. I also have that problem and sometimes a choking feeling. I also have sleep apnea. Dr. just said I had asthma and put me on advair which I took myself off because it made me swell really bad, he then put me on fluid pills. It always seems like more pills to take care of symptoms caused by medicine. I wish I could get to the root of this problem. I did have panic attacks about 8 years ago. I also like others who posted, don't do well with dairy products. Dairy seems to make it worse.
You may be allergic to something, or just sick. The reason I say you may just be sick is because Dairy will cause mucus and inflammation to flare in a lot of people when they are sick. However, you're doctor is probably right with the asthma diagnosis, but Advair isn't a great thing. I have activity induced asthma and because of my asthma i am prone to chest congestion and so on. I was put on advair and all it did was make my asthma flare. I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about an albuterol rescue inhaler. I wouldn't use anything other than that until you take a breathing test!
It will at least help the symptoms until you can get down to the main cause!
Good luck!
Use this natural way to help with the breathing, sleep apnea  and asthma problems.You will notice the benefit in days and no side effects. Continue the pranayam once a day, after you are better.Your feedback will help others to get better.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.