Asthma Community
Coffee + Asthma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coffee + Asthma

Can coffee really help my asthma?
Tags: Coffee, Asthma
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Coffee is a mild bronchodilator, as well as a stimulant, and can be helpful in the management of asthma. If you do this the best thing to do is to drink a small can of grapefruit juice with the coffee, as it will extend the half-life of the caffeine.
Blank
Caffeine is in the same family of broncho-dilaters as theophyline.  Coffee, tea colas...  can help relive asthma symptoms.  

I seriously do not recommend using caffiene to control your asthma though.  I did that for several years.  The stimulant effects of the caffeine can be really bad.  

There are much more effective medications available that have fewer side effects.

God bless.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Coffee is known to give symptomatic relief from asthma symptoms. But this is not quantified and is not given as a medication. To control the attacks you may need steroid inhalers and once the attack occurs asthalin inhalers.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
In an emergency, any cola drink containing caffeine will also be helpful in easing breathing difficulties.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asthma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...