Cough Suppressant Medicine
I don't know if I have asthma yet, my follow-up after the pulmonary function tests isn't until next week.  However, my chronic cough has got worse and worse over the last couple of days.  I can't sleep more than 3 hours without waking up in a coughing fit that lasts about 20 minutes.  

The muscles around my diaphragm are also very tired and sore.  Regular cough suppressant with 30mg of dexmorph ... a something don't work at all on the cough.  Is there anything else I can try without going to coediene? I got sick when I took tyenol 3 a couple years ago and haven't had coediene otherwise?
i had the same thing drs gave me all kinds of stuff for the cough , what worked for me was nyquil. i take 15-30 mins before i go to bed it stoped the cough,  mine did turn into asthmas  or was never had before till i got that bad cold, now am on two inhalers a day, didnt really have the asthma until most the cold was gone than had the whezing and short of breath. hope your test comes out good . which test did you do ?
I had the normaly pulmonary function tests.

Spirometry: with and without a bronchodilator
      - a couple of varying breathing techniques
DLCO - gas diffusion with CO
Body plethysmography

I also may have to go back and do a methylcholine challenge, but I'll find that out on wednesday.

The only thing I don't like about taking cough/cold medicines is that there is a lot more in the drug than just a cough suppressant and I hate taking more medication that I have too.  I'm one of those that puts up with a cold for the most part and lets my immune system fight it for me.