Asthma Expert Forum
Could Asthma get worse with age?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Could Asthma get worse with age?
For years, I've used an albuterol inhaler before I exercise & as needed for wheezing.  I seldom need it. For the last 6 wks, I've needed it more and it doesn't seem to help.  My chest feels tight and I have a weird dry wheezy cough, just a single cough every few minutes which gets worse at night.  It hurts to take a deep breath. I have allergies to dust mites & mold which normally affect just my eyes.  There is also a tender spot under my xyphoid process (could be unrelated). I have lived in this house for 2 yrs & at my job for 9 months.   Any ideas what this could be?
Dust mites and molds can also significantly affect one's asthma.  You might want to make a special effort to eradicate them.  If your environment and exposures hasn't changed, perhaps your lungs have.  The severity of asthma can vary quite a bit over time and yours may have worsened spontaneously.  If so you may need some additional asthma medication, maybe only for a limited period of time, weeks to months.