Asthma Community
Could it be asthma?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Could it be asthma?

About last week, i kinda went on a smoking rampage. I was busy working on a project and just kept on smoking not really even realizing it. I normally smoke 3/4 a pack, but was hitting close to 2 packs. A few days later, I started to get heart palpations which is normal when i smoke too much. But then they wouldn't stop. Keep in mind i was not worried about it because it was normal for me. But i cut back on my smoking and had a total of 6 cigerettes for the next few days. But i have been waking up in the morning coughing and bringing up phlem, which was not normal for me. It was very-very thick and sticky and clear colored. A few times there was a verly slight bit of red. I began getting tightness in the chest, and my breathing has been very shallow. By chest feels congested. I was feeling quite light headed from all the palpatations, and have been a bit clumsy.
Now, i have a history of bronchitus (bronchitis), upper respitory infections, and chronic sinusitus. About a year ago, when i was pregnant with my daughter i got sick and was rushed via ambulance to the emergancy room and was diagnosed with asthmatic spasms, along with a normal chest infection. I havent sence then been tested for asthma, because it has only been in the last year that i have had these issues. I did however try to tell my current dr. about this when it happened a few months back, cuz dummy me smoked too much again, she decided to put me on zanax for anxiety.
Now i do not have a history of anxiety. I have never had to take the rx.
My question is, if i should have an asthma test preformed and how to i convince my dr. in doing so?
I forgot to add this note to the post. I am also having a rattling in my left lung, lower side.
You might have beginning stages of COPD...pls go and check
Hi. Thank you for your post. I did tell me Dr. of my concerns. She had a lung xray preformed and she said it came out clear, but as I told her, the coughing up has gotten worst. She has not yet scheduled any further testing and has instead prescribed me an anxiety pill, even after I brought a sample of the sputum.
Hi -- keep us posted how you are doing and if the med is helping.

C~