Could it not be Asthma?
I have always thought I have had asthma, and I've always had an albuterol inhaler. I've always been active in exercising, so I don't think I'm out of shape. I'm 17 now and I just recently had very severe episodes where I can't breathe at all. I've had asthma attacks before and been to the ER and have been put on Advair, Prednizone*, and other medications, but none have lasted this long for this long of a time. I went to the doctor this last week because of not being able to breathe, I have had severe chest pain, and migranes and he said that he doesn't think I have asthma because I wasn't weezing. He prescribed me flovent, and I have been taking that with my inhaler but, it doesn't seem to help anything and I feel a lot sicker. He suggested it could be anxiety and stress but I seem to think thats only a small part of it. Could it be something else aside asthma? I researched online and could it possibly be VCD (vocal cord dysfunction), or a heart problem?
When I was 11 I had my Galbladder removed. I have Acid Reflex, and Psorisis on my scalp. I also struggled with Bulimia for 3-4 years. Could any of this be apart of not being able to breathe? I can't concentrate or do anything and it's making me depressed.
Hi - just wanted to say hello.  I have some experience with some of your conditions, but not all of them and don't know what to say except maybe get a 2nd opinion.  Sometimes asthma is called silent asthma .. no wheeze -- just inflammation and can be tricky to diagnose if it's a GP that you are seeing vs. an pulmonologist.  Stress can do a lot of things, but until they are certain it's good to explore all the avenues.

Pls. stop back and let us know what your doc thinks and how you are feeling,

c~
You do have asthma. People sufferrring from asthma need not wheeze all the time. Most of the time asthma does have a psychological component. But that doesn't make you a patient of psychiatry!!