Asthma Community
Dull ache in chest, left side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Dull ache in chest, left side

I have a dull ache in the left side of my chest. I have Asthma but it is controlled and not a problem, however this dull ache in my chest is worrying me.  Any ideas what could be causing it? I have never smoked.
This is one of those situations where you need an in-person evaluation by an M.D., who will, among other things, palpate and ausculate your lung fields anterior and posterior, four quadrants. It could be muscular or an infectious process, generally bacterial. If muscular, the situation tends to be self-limiting and go away after a few weeks. If a cracked rib, they tend to heal by themselves. An x-ray will often show nothing. It is unlikely that there is any sort of growth or tumor.