Echinacea
    In the past when I have picked up a virus I have always used Echinacea to help my immune system recover quckly,however I have just read on the internet that Asthma suffers should not use Echinacea as it causes wheezing. Does anyone else use Echinacea and has anyone else read about the caused wheezing.
I've always used echinacea just fine.  If it works for you without affecting your asthma, why stop?  Also, if you can find Yogi Breathe Deep teas, they're superb.
I've used Ecinachea for a few years to head off viruses, and although I think it worked better before I had asthma [I've had it for less than a year], it does still help, and doesn't seem to affect my asthma.
I never thought about Ecinachea having an affect on my asthma, so I'll keep an eye on that.  Thanks!
I've been taking it for a few weeks to boost my immune system and am pleasantly surprised that my night asthma and wheezing has gone!  - first real relief I've had for years, I haven't had to use my puffer since I started taking it. So for my asthma it seems to have a very positive effect.