Elliots Asthma Powder
Could having used Elliots Asthma Powder for some years, years ago have any similarities to having smoked?
I keep being asked in hospital or by Dr. "Have I ever smoked?" to which I reply "NO",
but am wondering if having used Elliots Astma Powder 50 or 60 years ago had the same effect?
If any don"t know about it, it ws a powder you burned on a metal lid and inhaled the smoke, which was a reliever for asthma.
Loved that stuff!  we called it 'soldiers' because we 'smoked it in the dark' (it sparkled like a little battle)
It was taken off the market here in Australia in the early 1970's... News headlines of the day..."Asthma Powder said to contain Marijuana"!
Well all I can say is ..to this day, all I need when feeling wheezy is a little toke. That's it ! keep it just for that.. not a pot head at all, but when I have an attack I tend to get out a sad DVD.

Yup. It contained marijuana. Marijuana cigarettes were sold as "asthma cigarettes" during the 1890's.