Asthma Community
Elliots Asthma Powder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Elliots Asthma Powder

Could having used Elliots Asthma Powder for some years, years ago have any similarities to having smoked?
I keep being asked in hospital or by Dr. "Have I ever smoked?" to which I reply "NO",
but am wondering if having used Elliots Astma Powder 50 or 60 years ago had the same effect?
If any don"t know about it, it ws a powder you burned on a metal lid and inhaled the smoke, which was a reliever for asthma.
Loved that stuff!  we called it 'soldiers' because we 'smoked it in the dark' (it sparkled like a little battle)
It was taken off the market here in Australia in the early 1970's... News headlines of the day..."Asthma Powder said to contain Marijuana"!
Well all I can say is ..to this day, all I need when feeling wheezy is a little toke. That's it ! keep it just for that.. not a pot head at all, but when I have an attack I tend to get out a sad DVD.

Yup. It contained marijuana. Marijuana cigarettes were sold as "asthma cigarettes" during the 1890's.