Asthma Expert Forum
Extreme Coughing Spells Every Morning
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Extreme Coughing Spells Every Morning

I was diagnosed as having Asthma as a childen, but it became almost a non-issue by the time that I was grown and I am 39 now.  However, over the years, it has always without exception been extremely hard to get over colds often taking a month or even two to get over.  Since, I have been diagnosed with Chronic Bronchitis numerous times.  

Now the meat of the question.  In the last year I go through these coughing spells every morning without exception, that are productive, but it is continuous until I cough up a certain amount of phylem (sp).  I will also get this cough at other times, but not as frequently.  What can this be?