Asthma Community
Feels like I am breathing cold air

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Feels like I am breathing cold air

Hello, I have had this problem off and on for 2 years where I feel a cold sensation in my chest and I have a sore throat. It feels like I am breathing cold air. It is not related to a virus becuase it comes and goes. What could this be?
I'm not sure but I also feel like I am breathing In cold air. I have had this off and on since grade 6 in 2006 though the past few days I have had it non stop and the other night it even began to hurt to breath. Felt like the left side of my throat was being compressed or somthing like that and it felt like somthing in the right side of my throat was being pulled. The pain from the left side moved
up to the left side of my head as well and gave me a terrible head ace I couldent sleep wich is very unusual for me. But I know I had asthma as a child do I think it might be my asthma kicking in

Do you have asthma???
Does any of this sou d familiar???
Do this breathing technique to balance the hot(right) and cold(left) nostrils and come back with your feedback.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two middle fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
While doing anulom vilom, keep your eyes closed, concentrate on the third eye (point in between the eyebrows).