Feels like something weighing on my chest :(
So I have asthma and I get asthma attacks quite frequently. I have a rescue inhaler and I also take Advair.  I have not been consistent on taking my Advair everyday which I definitely should. I also have really bad anxiety.  An asthma attack I had on Monday triggered a huge panic attack where it literally felt like my throat was swelling closed. I went to the emergency room and they said my lungs sound clear. I had a catscan on my throat and there was nothing, my oxygen was at 99% so it must just be anxiety.  So I have been taking xanax for that and I still feel like my breathing isnt good.. I went back to the doctors and they did a chest x-ray and everything was fine, and said the same thing, clear lungs and 99% oxygen.  Today I hve been able to control my anxiety but I still feel like im having ashthma even when I take my inhaler...what else could it be???????? Do I just need to wait longer and keep taking my Advair for it to feel completyely normal again? Idk what to do :( Its an awful feeling.
Hello!
Although I don't have asthma my daughter did for years because she was a preemie. I know it can be a tough go. I would trust in the tests, they have been right both times! One thing I know alot about is anxiety ... and it can play havoc with your body, that's for certain. Please keep taking both your xanax and your advair as prescribed and don't let your anxiety get you so freaked out. When you feel it coming on just take in a deep breath through your nose slowly and breathe it out through your mouth, again slowly. Keep doing that while thinking of anything else (hopefully pleasant) until you are back in 'control.' Just remember that the anxiety WILL pass. Hang in there ... you are stronger than you know! I wish you all the best sweetie! Take care ... :-)