Help for my asthma
I been taking ventolin for my asthma problem but now im looking for an alternative medication or remedy that i can use for my problem, are they any other methods i can use?
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

Ventolin or salbutamol is a rescue inhaler, that means you take this when you have an episode of Asthma. There are reliever inhalers which work for up to 12 hours after taking each dose. They include salmeterol (brand name Serevent) and formoterol (brand name Atimos).

There are preventive inhalers. The type of drug commonly used in preventer inhalers is a steroid. Steroids work by reducing the inflammation in the airways. When the inflammation has gone, the airways are much less likely to become narrow and cause symptoms such as wheezing.

Steroid inhalers are usually taken twice per day. If you have an exacerbation (flare-up) of your asthma symptoms, you may be advised to take the preventer inhaler more often.   Please discuss these options with your doctor, he can guide you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.