Asthma Community
Help to quit smoking?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Help to quit smoking?

How do you encourage a person to quit smoking that has been smoking since the age of 16?

Making someone quit smoking is a very difficult thing. It is completely up to the person to quit the habit. One requires a strong will and desire to quit. These are not the only factors. You may find very interesting tips to quit smoking, do follow the link http://www.stop-smoking-guru.com . This site is completely dedicated to stop smoking and I personally think it will certainly help.
All the Best
I was smoking since I was 12 and I am now 29.  I just gave them up 3 weeks ago and it was hell for the first week. Second week was a bit better but this week the cravings have nearly stopped!!. The smell of ciggys now make me sick (thank god).  This is my 3rd time trying to give them up and the other tries I only lasted 3-4 days, so if you give them up and fail the first couple of times dont worry, you will get there in the end if you really want to!  By the way the I smoked 30 a day If that helps!!