Help
About three months ago, I got a cold with cough and congestion. I went to the doctor and there was no sign or symtons of the flu, but I did receive some medications for an upper respiratory infection, congestion and an ear infection. Anyhow, the cold left and so did the congestion but it has left the chronic dry cough. I have had this cough now for about 2 months and no matter what I take I can't get rid of it. The cough comes and goes all day and all night, no mucus or anything comes up. When this cough comes it takes my breathe and drinking anything will not help. Some times I cough so hard that it really makes me sick (really), and then I'm fine, until the next set of dry coughing. Please tell my what it could be and what I need to do? My mom has told me that it could be allergies or asthma. I have never had anything like this before, please help
I have this very same thing but I have COPD.  Do you smoke or do you have any allergies that you are aware of?  COPD is usually a BIG cause of a dry cough like this. Sometimes I cough so deeply that I almost cannot get my breath back.  It's very scary!  There is nothing you can do about this outside of finding out if you have allergies or COPD.  If you have either/or then you must stop whatever  it is causing this problem for you.   Good luck!