Asthma Community
Hot veins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Hot veins

Why do I have hot veins in my leg?

This discussion is related to Hot spots in my leg.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

The most probable cause is varicose veins. It causes dilation of the veins in the leg due to increased pressure resulting in swelling and pain of ankle and feet. This is more common in overweight people, with prolonged standing and with smoking. Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Standing for a long time can also cause these symptoms. Take rest and elevate your legs while resting. Try to follow a low salt diet as this may reduce the swelling. If symptoms do not improve then please consult your primary care physician for a confirmatory diagnosis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.