Asthma Community
How do you know it's asthma vs post nasel drip?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

I know people have alergies (allergies) and that can cause both asthma and post nasel drip, but how do you really know which it is? I ask that because I know I have allergies to dust and can't escape that regardless of all the measure I have taken. I tried taking allergy medicains but they just dried up my throat. So I went a night without taking any medications, and woke with nose stuffyness, ear's draining and could not breath. So I tried a different approach, I use the inhealed striods and nasel steriod spray and now see to be doing fine.