Asthma Community
I'm convinced this is what has nearly cured my allergies and asthm...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

I'm convinced this is what has nearly cured my allergies and asthma

Had my last sinus infection around 10 yrs ago. Basically I went to a new Dr. and he cleaned my ears. Then told me to do the same thing at home with a 1/2 rubbing alcohol 1/2 vinegar solution 2x weekly. He told me to gently scrub the ear canal, careful not to damage my eardrums, and let mixture sit 3-5 minutes before rinsing. I had been told by every specialist I had ever gone to to never clean my ears or ever place anything in them. Not only did this stop my lifetime long chronically reoccurring sinus and upper respiratory infections, my asthma and allergy symptoms have declined gradually ever since to where they are now which is almost non existent. I think the system of chronic inflammation kept my body hyper vigilant against allergens, and that by alleviating the chronic inflammation, my body has adjusted it's response to allergens to an almost normal level. Also at the time I was still using albuterol more than 10X's per day, and practically breathing entirely out of an albuterol nebulizer in addition to taking half a dozen preventative inhalers. Same Dr. prescribed me 12mcg Foradil 2x daily, it worked better alone than everything else together, for my asthma. It's very expensive, but for that amount of relief I was literally willing to work how ever many hours I had to to afford it, and I actually felt great doing it. But just like my allergies, my asthma has decreased to almost nothing. Literally haven't used half of one months supply of Foradil in the last year. Haven't touched albuterol rescue inhaler since or the nebulizer, though I still keep them close by.

This discussion is related to Aerosol delivery.