I was just wondering if there was any fast ways to cure the effects of inhaling too many bleach fumes. I have had an upset stomach and my nose is stopped up but yet running at the same time. I was helping a friend clean their house and i think i may have been exposed too long to the fumes. Do I need to schedule a doctors appointment and get checked out?
Probably you don't need a physician's appointment. Just rest and take some vitamin C and D3. You have an acid burn. The good part is that these burns will always heal. If you experience any sort of infection as defined by yellow phlegm or excessive coughing after 48 hours then you should go to a physician. We have all been exposed to bleach at one time or another and experienced similar symptoms. Bleach should be applied in a five percent solution. That is the military standard for bacteriological decontamination. It is not necessary to use undiluted bleach.
I used pure bleach on my feet and legs to remove a botched up self tanner and after half hour of being in the tub with no ventilation my eyes hurt and watered and I realized I had breathed in too much bleach fumes. I immediately stopped and washed it all off my body but now I feel ill and my eyes still burn and stomach hurts. Should I go to the Dr? I don't have asthma or anything but I am worried I may have done some damage to my lungs or nose/eyes. One good thing, the awful self tanner color came off but I can't help wondering if it would have come off had I used diluted bleach instead. And of course a well ventilated room.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.