Asthma Community
Inhaled Too Many Bleach Fumes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Inhaled Too Many Bleach Fumes

I was just wondering if there was any fast ways to cure the effects of inhaling too many bleach fumes. I have had an upset stomach and my nose is stopped up but yet running at the same time. I was helping a friend clean their house and i think i may have been exposed too long to the fumes. Do I need to schedule a doctors appointment and get checked out?
Tags: bleach, fumes
Probably you don't need a physician's appointment. Just rest and take some vitamin C and D3. You have an acid burn. The good part is that these burns will always heal. If you experience any sort of infection as defined by yellow phlegm or excessive coughing after 48 hours then you should go to a physician. We have all been exposed to bleach at one time or another and experienced similar symptoms. Bleach should be applied in a five percent solution. That is the military standard for bacteriological decontamination. It is not necessary to use undiluted bleach.
I used pure bleach on my feet and legs to remove a botched up self tanner and after half hour of being in the tub with no ventilation my eyes hurt and watered and I realized I had breathed in too much bleach fumes. I immediately stopped and washed it all off my body but now I feel ill and my eyes still burn and stomach hurts. Should I go to the Dr? I don't have asthma or anything but I am worried I may have done some damage to my lungs or nose/eyes. One good thing, the awful self tanner color came off but I can't help wondering if it would have come off had I used diluted bleach instead. And of course a well ventilated room.
Hey where is your common sense, bleach is a cleaning agent not a skin
cleaner. Serve yourself right