Asthma Community
Is it asthma, allergy or something else

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Is it asthma, allergy or something else

3 months ago i got flu. Took medicines and was cured. But after that some symptoms get started and are still disturbing me. i used to smoke 2 or 3 cigarets but now i have left smoking. Here is detail of symptoms:-

1. Excessive phlegm and have to clear throat again and again.
2. Cough after laughing and at nights.
3. Sometimes wheezing at nights

Is it Asthma / allergy or something else
It takes a long time for your lungs to recover once you stop smoking.  You also are at risk for COPD and other lung problems.  You need to go have a work up from a doctor and complete some tests to figure out what is going on.

Good job on stoping smoking!!
This sounds exactly like what I have gone through. Started with what I thought was the flu, turned into a marathon sickness of 3 months. I went to my regular doctor twice with no result or diagnosis, then to the ER when my breathing became labored again. Was referred to a Pulmonologist who diagnosed asthma. I already was aware I had exercise induced asthma issues, it has jumped that and is now a daily thing for me.

I would strongly urge you to go to a specialist for diagnosis of your illness. You need to get on some sort of treatment to help your lungs recover as much as possible and to get past the symptoms you are having.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on stopping smoking!
Thanks every body for advice and information. i go to doc as soon as possible