Is it safe to take cough medicine with albuterol sulfate?
My 9 year old has been on the nebulizer for 24 hours taking both Albuterol Sulfate and Pulmicort.  This gives little relief to her cough.  Pedia Care has a Children's long acting cough medicine but warns not to take if you are on a drug containing MAIO.  Does anyone know if I can mix these drugs?

I don't belief there is any conflict in using Albuterol and Pulmicort along with cough medicine.  The MAOI that is listed on the cough medicine is actually a medication used to treat depression.  

You could check with your doctor or your pharmacist, but i would imagine the cough medicine would be ok.  Obviously you want to get to the bottom of the cause of the cough/shortness of breath and treat that, and not get dependent on the cough medicine temporarily masking the cough...

Good luck!! Hope she feels better soon.  I have been in her shoes, and it is not fun...even at age 31...

:)