Is my asthma causing loss of voice or inhaler?or something else?
I take Advair for allergies,cat,moulds,dust and Dr.said i have sinus drip that causes me to cough a lot.Inhaler helped,but now i find i am losing my voice.I had a sore throat for 2 weeks,now my voice is very weak, only whisper,and some flem at back of throat at times.If i talk normal cracky and difficult for 2 weeks now.Sometimes i feel inhaler is causing my voice problems or both? i seem to have had this voice problem,but much less for years but not this bad,especially when i could feel sinus dripping down back of throat.
I have the same thing going but I have an Albuterol inhaler and only when i wake up my voice is like a whisper and then i cough but whenever I take a shower it will go away and that's possibly because I take very hot showers and so when the hot water hits it i guess it just goes away. Hope this helps.
My guess on the hot shower/phlegm connection is that the hot shower loosens up the phlegm so you don't have it as bad.   I take warm/hot showers too and have found that I'm not coughing up half a lung afterwards.
An asthma flare can cause you to lose your voice.  It could also just be your allergies and PND or irritation from coughing.

Advair discus (realy any dry powder inhaler) has larger particles than MDI inhalers that land on the vocal cords and irritate them causing you to be hoarse.  I would suggest that you ask your docotr about MDI alternatives.  Advair Hfa is one.  Others include Symbicort and Dulera.

Feel better.