Asthma Community
Is this good or bad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Is this good or bad

My breathing stuff is triggered by virusus. I just started using my peak flow meter. Normal for me should be around 450.  Yesterday my highest peak flow was 300.  Today I did my peak flow in the morning and it was still at 300.  I used the rescue inhaller and waited about 10 minutes before doing my peak flow again.  After the treatment, it went up to 350, however after taking a deep breath I had a wet sounding cough which brought some stuff up.  Does that mean that the inhaller is working?  I am also on a short burst of prednisone and started using advair yesterday.

Thanks for your help

Amy