Red Chilli Peppers cause attacks
Does anyone else have asthma problems after eating foods with Red Chilli peppers in it? I keep meeting more and more asthmatics with this capsaicin allergy and wonder why there is not more information on how certain foods can cause inflammation in lungs. One tenth of a teaspoon of chilli pepper sent me into an anaphylactic asthma attck that nearly killed me. Now that its out of my diet completely I have a 70% reduction in symptoms for the first time in 25 years.
Your observations and comments are correct. In addition to inflammation within the lungs If the capsaicin ends up in the trachea through saliva it can cause a laryangospasm that completely blocks the airway. Use of "hot sauce" or chili pepper powder by any asthmatic (especially children)  is potentially life-threatening.
I have never been diagnosed with asthma but googled hot peppers and asthma because recently (at age 48) I have begun to cough and have airway spasms when I cut up peppers or open jars of preserved hot peppers. How strange! I think eating them is starting to make me ill too. Do you know more about this?