SPO2 levels
What is the normal SPO2 level in an adult?  Should I be worried if it frequently drops below 90?

This discussion is related to what is normal SpO2 .
Hi, Welcome!

You may want to try our expert respiratory forum - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Respiratory-Disorders/show/128

C~
NORMAL SPO2 RANGE IS 100%   IT SHOULD BE 98/99/ OR 100 % FOR HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS.  WHEN IT STARTS TO GO DOWN  IN  THE LOW 90'S YOU ARE WORKING TO BREATH.
Yes I agree with chriszac, ideally it should be around 98%, and under 95% it is a concern.
anything above 95 is okay when you sleep it does go down and it is okay to go as low as 93 when sleeping, this is what we just got done talking about with my dad's doctors. this is normal for all ages, if you ahve an illness like COPD it can be just a tad bit lower. if you have certain cardiac issues, my son did and when he was a newborn they kept his between 90-95 they didn't want his to go any higher or lower, well if they went higher on his own they  couldn't do anything about it but he wasn't doing it on his own
good luck you may want to try a sleep study if they go really low into the 90-92 when sleeping.