Asthma Community
Same Situtation - Hives Months After Having My Baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Hi, I read this and nearly came to tears. I have not been able to find a story similar to mine. At the time of on set my little girl was almost 5 months old.  I woke up from a nap with my baby one day with systemic hives. Fearing I was having a severe allergic reaction I was taken to the ER and given the shots for an allergic reaction. The shots cleared  most of the hives up, but I was told to take antihistamine and prilosec, to clear any additional hives up. This medication did not help, so my family physician referred me to an allergy/asthma specialist in my area. I have gone for allergy testing and been told that I have only a hand full of very mild allergies, so I have been avoiding those foods at this time. The doctor also had my blood tested "for everything," with no avail - aside from a slight anemia.  I have also stopped consuming foods and drinks with caffeine and artificial dyes. I have an appointment to go back to the allergist for more testing this week. Do you think that this progesterone theory might be worth looking into for me?

This discussion is related to Chronic hives months after having a baby.
You may have low testosterone and high progesterone. Get it checked! I have had chronic hives for over 7 years right after my daughter was born.  Long story but someone finally recognized what I have and said I had low testosterone high progesterone and they were right.  I am going to start testosterone cream and I will be letting you know if it works.