Asthma Community
Small Prednisone Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Small Prednisone Question

My allergist at one point gave me a script for 30 pills of 5mg prednisone. He told me that if I was having issues, I could try doing just two days of it instead of a week, etc. Is it okay to do that? I took some about two weeks ago for allergies (two 5mg pills, then 1 the second day). I now have a bad cold and swelling in my throat (and I am living with a pet I'm allergic to (out of my control)). I'm thinking that it is probably just this kind of situation that he was talking about and why I was given such a large prescription.

Thoughts?
Please check the side effects of prednisone, which can be very serious. For me they were dreadful.
prednisones have very uncureable side effects but if its first time so I think its not so danger but your doctor knows your condition well,but you should not be dependent on these pills
Neither of you even asked me about my history.

I use prednisone at least twice a year. This is a single dose pack that I have split up over the course of a month or two at this point. Low 5mg dosage.
That has nothing to do with my question at all.