Asthma Community
Toradol injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Toradol injection

iv'e had Asthma for over 17 years, im allergic  to Aspirin, my primary doctor of 9 years gave me a shot of Toradol injection  injection on 12/1/09   i had a severe Asthma attack which  i almost died i was in ICU for 3 days im more than sure the Toradol injection caused it.....can you  tell me  do a asthamtic  patient  suppose to take Toradol if they is allergic to aspirin?
Toradol and other NSAID's should not be taken with your asthma...NSAID's are very common and all forms of ibuprofen are included in this class
If you have an allergist, you can talk to them about desensitizing (immunotherapy) to NSAIDs.  I also have attacks with NSAIDs.  However, with the new warnings about Tylenol, my allergist is more concerned about that and is planning on treating the NSAID allergywith immunotherapy.  Personally I am not that concerned about Tylenol.  I have taken it for years without any problems, but this is one of those things that can sneek up on you if you aren't careful.  I don't want to be unable to take all pain relievers.

Take care and I am glad that you recovered.
I had a terrible experience with Toradol as well.  I didn't end up in the hospital, but I did feel close to death for about 1-2 days after taking it.  Funny thing about it is I do not have any allergy to aspirin/NSAIDS.  I do have a history of Asthma though.  

I would recommend getting a MED-ALERT bracelet or necklace so others are aware of your allergies and medications you cannot take in case you are not able to speak for yourself.  

I think your physician could have been more prudent.