Asthma Community
Toradol injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Toradol injection

how long would it take for Toradol injection to cause an Allergic Reaction in a person who have Asthma? and would it take the same amount of time to cause some one else to have a allergic reaction?
Tags: toradol
Just because you have asthma does not necessarily mean you will have a reaction to Toradol.  However, if you've ever had a severe allergic reaction to aspirin or other anti-inflammatory, toradol is contra-indicated (shouldn't be used).

As for how long it would take for an allergic reaction to start, it can vary, depending on how severe the allergy is, however, with injectable meds, it is usually faster, as the medication gets into the system quicker than with oral medications.

Two different people may have two completely different reactions to the Toradol - not everyone reacts to medications the same and not everyone who has allergies gets the same type of reactions, even if they are allergic to the same things.  Again, the amount of time before an allergic reaction can vary from person to person also.

I hope this is helpful.
iam Allergic to Aspirin i cant take anything with Aspirin in it and Toradol do have Aspirin in it. in other words i cant take any anti- inflammatory pain medicine.thanks for the information. it helped.
Since you're allergic to aspirin, I would definitely avoid toradol at all costs.

Do you also have allergies to things such as ibuprofen or naproxen?  They are also good anti inflammatories, however, they do also carry the warning that if you've ever had a severe reaction to aspirin, they probably should be avoided.
yes im allergic to ibuprofen .i cant take nothing with Aspirin in it it would cause me to have an Asthma Attack.thanks so much for your help:)