Wheezing after exercise - should I be worried?
Hello all,

Today after running for about ten minutes in 35-degree, drizzly weather, I could hear/feel a sort of wheezing sound, especially as I inhale very deeply.  I have never been diagnosed with asthma, have had my oxygen levels and breathing checked out by a doctor in the past year, etc.  However, I have (paradoxically) been smoking more cigarettes than usual recently and trying to get back in shape (so, I'm not used to running very much at all).  Granted I'm going to cut back on the cigarettes now that I've had this scare, but other than that, is this likely something I should see a doctor about?  It seems that between being out of shape, smoking, and the fact that this has never happened before, it's probably just a fluke.  But I can't help but worry...

Thanks in advance for any replies.
an appendage: I just burped a few times and noticed that the wheezing sound diminished somewhat.  Is there any possible link between acid reflux and wheezing?  (I notice acid reflux often flares up after exercise for me).