Asthma Community
Wheezing and coughing and my inhaler and nebulizer don't help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

went to the doctor like 2 weeks ago and got some antibiotics for something. Two days after I start taking the antibiotics I get this horrible cough, wheezing in my lungs, and shortness of breathe. I figured I would just continue taking the antibiotics and see if this would help clear it all up. I have been done with the antibiotics for two days now and I still have the same symptoms. I use my inhaler and nebulizer but I still have a hard time breathing and the wheezing and coughing. What is wrong with me? I have even tried using the vicks vapor rub, decongestant pills help a little bit, teas and other home remedies but nothing is helping. Anyone have any ideas?
You need to talk to your doctor - it could be an allergy to the antiobiotics  and now you have to calm down the inflammation that was caused in the lungs.  If you took the antiobiotics because of a cold or infection that could have been the precrusor to all the problems.

If it doesn't improve in a day or two you will need to see your doctor about getting a stronger inhaler or possibily steriods.

Merry Christmas and hope you feel better soon!