Asthma Expert Forum
Wheezing when laying down
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wheezing when laying down

Beginnig of Dec.07 I was diagnosed with Bronchitis. I immediately quit smoking after 18 years. just left the hospital and tossed the pack right out the car window.  After the antibiotics I began to experience shortness of breathe and my Dr. reassured me that the bronchitis may return.  I use to suffer stress anxiety attacks in 2006. So i am very fearful of and medications that may cause my heart to palputate such as Albuterol.  He wanted to give me Spirivia tried it once felt like a block of cement was poured in my chest.  He then prescribed my Xopenex HFA 45mcg. as a prn.  He said this would help in clearing my lungs.  The first couple of weeks where torture.  I could not sleep from the coughing. I visited the emergency room 5X in 1 week.  I had shortness of breathe, coughing, unproductive cough, tightness of chest, wheezing and on top of that trying to prevent myself from going into a full panic attack because I felt I couldn't breathe. Finally from all the coughing I gave myself whiplash.  What esle could go wrong.  My husband purchased my a humidifier. The tightness in my chest was located under the breast area.  That night I coughed up alot. Finally something felt as it detached it self from the bottom of my lungs and came out. I used alot of mucinex and water.  But now it seems as if I have stuff stuck in the upper area of my chest and when I lay down I begin to wheeze like light asthma wheezing.  When i wake up in the morning about 30min later in seems to go away.  I don't want to use the inhaler unless I seriously have too.  At times mucus that comes up appears to be string like and any other mucus appears to be clear as opposed to yellow before.  Will this wheezing go away?  Should I worry? I have had several chest x-rays and everything seems fine.  The wheezing worries me.  Are these the after effects of not smoking anymore?  And if so why and how long may it last and is there anything I can do to make it better or go away quicker?      
Tags: wheezing