advair 100
Is it safe to stop taking Advair cold turkey when my symptoms improve or do I need to take something else to come off it slower?
You will need to talk to your doctor to see if they want you to stop taking it.  Advair is a preventative medicine so normally you take it every day, even if you feel good.  

If you stop taking it for asthma, the symptoms will come back.

But no it does not have withdrawal symptoms like oral corticosteroids.  
I am ok during the winter months.  I told my doctor and he said it was ok.  I just worry about coming down from the Advair like I used to with Prednisone.

Does anyone know about inhalers that can be used in between Advair usage when the asthma isn't bad?  
There won't be any problems coming off of the advair, it isn't absorbed into the bosy like prednisone.  

If you can limit your ventolin use to 1-2 times a week during the winter then you don't need to be on an inhaler at all during that time.  Otherwise you can try flovent is the only part of the advair inhaler that helps with inflammation.  

If your asthma increases a lot during spring-summer you may need advair at that time and that time only.  
Yes, I definitely need Advair during the Spring, Summer and Fall.  Lots of allergies!  Thanks for your help!