alternative healing for Asthma
Our son has been diagnosed with Asthma last year...it leads to pneumonia quite often.
He has been put on Flovent and uses an inhaler.  We have read information that states that no
children under 6 should use this medication. We are in Vancouver and are looking for a pediatric naturopath.
Any facts or tips on either of these questions.  We already have his diet very specific to avoid allergins that could
trigger an attack.  The long term side affects of these drugs are horrible..and so scary as a parent.
maybe you should talk to your doctor about the natural way as you are concerned about your son. your doctor should be more then happy to accomodate you on this matter. my daughter was diagnosed with ashtma as well last year but hers is not so severe, she only needs an inhaler when she is having trouble breathing. i feel for you and advise a visit to your doctor to talk about the alternative.
yes. thanks...we acutally did have a lengthy conversation re. this situation, however, when I asked what the long term or short term affects of the meds were, she told us none.  We have found so much information stating that there are side effects, and from this great forum, we are seeing the reality is that those on the meds are suffering from a wide range of side affects.  Seeing the reality of those who have been on the meds is reaffirming that we wish to seek an alternative way to treat this.  Especially that our son is not even 2 yet, this modality seems harsh. There is no supporting tests or evidence to know the effects of these meds on children under the years of 4.    
Thanks for your advice.  
Well, I developed asthma at the age of 19yrs old, so I can't personally speak of treatement for a child.  But my bosses toddler, he is 3yrs old had been suffering on and off from bronchitis and pnemonia due to his asthma, and she has started taking him fro acupucture sessions about 3months ago, and the difference is unbelieveable.

Maybe you can conssult your physician, I hope that helps you.  Best of luck.

*smiles~Fabi*
how did everything turn out?