Asthma Expert Forum
asthma and weight gain

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

asthma and weight gain

My 10 1/2 yr old daughter was diagnosed with Exercise and Allergy induced Asthma and uses an Albuterol inhaler before exercise as well as she takes singular 1x at night.  I have noticed in the last 6 months that she has put on excess weight (10-15 pounds)eventhough she maintains the same amount of exercise prior to her being diagnosed.  Is there any correlation with the weight gain and the medication.  I can't believe that the extra weight gain can be good for her diagnosis. Is there anything that I can do for her besides increase her activity.  I am concerned because she was slightly overweight for her age to begin with.
1 Comment
One thing that I would recommend is to make sure that your daughter is eating healthy, organic foods as much as possible and that she avoids sugars, artificials sweeteners, food additives, chemicals, etc.
The best approach is to eat and live healthy (as much as we can do that today), and use natural methods to improve one's health. Check out http://savemyhealth.com/ for more info.

Good luck,
John
A related discussion, Astham and weight gain was started.