Asthma Community
asthma breakout

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

asthma breakout

I,m 50 I avg 3 mile walks daily..i walked memorial day got cault in rain,i had this already starting..anyways I,m copd as the doc puts it,,i smoke 35 yrs till present..i was borned with asthma..had a lot issues at birth..then as I hit teens I grew out of it all,,still had whezzing etc.. so I take a advair 250  now 500 just yesterday the change.i,m on nebulizer supposed to been on it everyday.. I used this now 4 vials aday...but just 9 days ago before that I may had 3x a year..also use the resue  pro air inhaler..  I went to my gp doc she lisened to my lungs said was asthma.. I had been coughing so hard,, I sleep 4 hrs a night over 5 days,5 some days.wake up coudnt hardly breath..took my meds seem like took 30 min to work...

I got a corisizone  shot wendsday it helped good that night,today its ok but not clear..i,m very hyper on these meds predisone the worst..but works the best,,only 10 mgs period..i only have 1 kidney so only 1 adrenal gland they have to watch out doc said..

I think the spring trees,grasses, etc brought it on..i went to docs wends I couldn't belive how muggy it was to me..i had anxtys on Xanax that didn't do a lot..

WANT TO HEAR  SOME YOUR STORYS  THANKS
Allergy meds might help you treat the underlying allergic reaction if that is causing the majority of the problem.  Watch out for food allergies and intolerances - these actually caused 90% of my symptoms (I was to the point of being on advair 500 3 puffs twice a day - over the recommended daily dose, plus ventolin and atrovent 3-4 times a day and singulair).

It was all due to a dairy and wheat allergy.  Now I'm on no medications and only have mild symptoms (still have a ventolin inhaler I use during colds and bad outdoor mould or exposure to my food allergens).

GERD and other stomach problems can also increase asthmatic symptoms and many of the asthma increase reflux and GERD (go figure!)

Try to limit all allergen exposure - dust, mould, animals etc until you can determine a specific cause.  Good luck and hope you feel better.