asthma flare-up or bronchitis?
3 days ago I was exposed to some kind of chemical/adhesive used to apply floor tiles (they were replacing the floors at my work). This irritated my asthma and made me cough. 3 days later I am still coughing and am getting mildly short of breath fairly easily. the 1st and 2nd nites I ended up sleeping on the couch because i felt like I couldn't breath while lying flat. The cough may have been productive this am (or it might have just been post nasal drainage as I also feel like i have a sinus infection). Also I have been itchy (my face and throat and arms and legs). I am 5 weeks pregnant so I am trying very hard not to use my pro air inhaler (the relief from using the the inhaler doesn't last long) or any other meds. I don't know what's going on...allergies, asthma, bronchitis, or the beginning of a very long 9 months?
Dear KeyD,
Many chemical/adhesives used for flooring can irritate the respiratory system  resulting in increased problems in asthmatics. If you are noticing more problems you should see your doctor. I would find out what the chemical was as well, this could make a difference. I can understand not wanting to take medications while being pregnant, but you do not want to jeopardize your health neither.
Hi and welcome to the community.

So sorry you are in this flare while pregnant.  You really should see your doctor ASAP.  Your ability to breathe (or inability to breathe) effectly has a significant affect on the baby.  You need to make sure that you and the baby are getting enough oxygen.  With asthma meds, the general consensus is that it is more important for the mother to breathe well than other possible side affects (I haven't heard of any though) on the baby.

Take care and feel better.
God bless.
Thanks for the input. I am feeling better, not quite 100% but getting there. I talked to my OB and he increased my inhaler, but even without it i am feeling better.

Great to hear you're on the mend .. keep us posted!

C~