Asthma Community
asthma tracker suggestions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

asthma tracker suggestions

Hope this is the right forum for this - I am just trying the asthma tracker. This seems really easy to use, and could prove useful, since my attacks are so far apart I forget what works and what doesn't for treating them. The interface covers the basics, but it could use some "other" options to tailor to a particular profile.

Since my asthma is always associated with an incessant cough, it would be great if whoever is developing this could add a line in "treatments" for cough medicine (or just "other") and leave room to type in what you used. And add "other" under symptoms, since a nagging sore throat is a harbinger for me..

Also, could you use colours to highlight the severity of symptoms (and add "moderate")? - say red, yellow, green for severe, moderate, mild - so you can see at a glance which days were "memorable".

Finally, it would be useful to have a box for triggers (in my case, if I've been in a roomful of smokers or caught the flu) - then you can correlate symptoms to possible causes even if there's a delay.

I think this tool has great potential.  Thanks for creating it!

Renee
Great ideas.   I use the tracker for my 2 daughters who have asthma.  The colors you describe go along with the same colors of their asthma action plan!

Triggers are so important to asthma, too with RAD (reactive asthma disease).